I literally woke up yelling “PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS A NIGHTMARE AND NOT MY REAL LIFE!”.
- I woke up at 9:55 am.
- I SOMEHOW SLEPT THROUGH ALL SIX OF MY ALARMS.
- My radio show starts at 10 am. I was supposed to be at the studio by 8:30 to prep and bounce John’s interview.
- I woke up to 6 missed calls, text messages, and voicemails from two of my managers asking me why I’m not at work right now.
- I called and they said “You’re supposed to be working right now. WHY ARE YOU NOT HERE?”
- Apparently whoever was supposed to be working for me didn’t show up, and didn’t fill out the paperwork, completely flaking out on me.
- I had to give up my radio show and frantically shower and get ready for work, to be almost 4 hours late for work.
- I’m about a mile or so away from my house racing to get to work and my manager calls and says the other girl called in and they got it worked out so she’s still coming in for me and I don’t have to come in today after all.
- I show up at the studio almost an hour late, deciding instead to bump my show an hour later. Thankfully Radio Bacon has basically folded so there’s no one live on air after me, which gave me the opportunity to do it.
- When I got to the studio, I quickly jumped on mic and did my first break and got the ball rolling, using a few songs from Simian to give me time to set up.
- I spent most of the first hour doing last second pre-bounce edits in protools for my interview with John and literally finished it about five minutes before it was supposed to air.
- I aired the interview, and now I want to throw up.
- I was going to go home and take a nap after my show because I’m so overwhelmed, but if the soundcould interview won’t upload, then I won’t have time before I have to work tonight.
- I have to be down at the Crystal Ballroom to work MFNW by 4:45.
lemme just go cry and throw up and pass out now because I didn’t make any of this up. I’ve had nightmares about this before, and up until now they were only a dream. NOT ANYMORE.
THIS IS REAL LIFE TODAY.
I am so overwhelmed, I can’t even handle it.
Posted on Thursday, 6 September
Tagged as: my life fml I can't even breathe right now tl;dr